Under the general direction of the Public Works Supervisor, the Public Works Laborer II is responsible for heavy physical labor for the maintenance of City streets and rights-of-way, sidewalks, storm drainage systems, parks, water system, and sanitary sewer collection and treatment systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Works as part of the maintenance crew. Cleans streets and rights of way of general debris. Clean and sanitize restroom facilities, fixtures, and buildings. Cuts grass and trims shrubs, trees and other vegetation along street rights-of-way and in parks. Plant, water and maintain landscape areas.
- Patches streets and sidewalks with appropriate paving material, requiring extended periods of standing and walking.
- Cleans drainage facilities of debris; cleans out catch basins. Cleans sewer pumping stations, read and record pump data. This function requires climbing ladders, accessing manholes, and shoveling heavy waste material.
- Acts as a flagger to alert traffic and protect crew when required; sets up and picks up cones after work in the right-of-way.
- Read water meters, record data manually and electronically.
- Operate a variety of tools such as a jackhammer, tamper, lawn mower, mechanic and carpentry tools.
- Operates light utility vehicles, operates a dump truck to load and unload materials as required in some operations.
- Performs related work as required and other duties assigned.
|10/17/2019 2:30 PM
|Open Until Filled
• The ideal candidate will possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. Must possess and maintain a valid Missouri State Driver’s License.
• Must be able to be called out for emergencies such as snowfall, floods, downed trees, etc.
• Must be knowledgeable in a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance tasks.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds routinely and up to 100 pounds occasionally. Must utilize proper safety precautions related to all work performance.
• Must have knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in general maintenance and custodial work, have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Must be able to perform strenuous physical work and function outdoors under all types of weather conditions.
• Must be able to cooperate and work with others, work independently in the absence of supervision, and respond to public inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
• Must fluently speak, read and write the English language.
Send resumes to: