City Ordinances to Remember
Important City Ordinances
- There is no parking on the city streets from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- There is no parking on non-parking surfaces such as yards, (front, back, or side). All vehicles, trailers, boats, etc. must be parked on a paved parking surface. No vehicles over 12,000 lbs, 27 feet in length or over 9.5 feet in height (unless said vehicle is a recreational vehicle) are allowed.
- Permits are required from City Hall on the following: any concrete / asphalt work, decks, utility buildings (sheds), fences (chain link and privacy), and swimming pools.
- Any time a change occurs in occupancy in a home, by selling or renting, a municipal inspection is required and the new occupant(s) must obtained an occupancy permit.
- Only 3 animals per household are allowed. They must be registered at City Hall, and no Pitbull dogs or related breed is allowed within the city limits of Dellwood.
- All animals must be confined to their premises unless on a leash no longer than 6 feet in length.
- All dogs defined as vicious must be kept confined while on the owner's property and if taken off the property, the dog must be muzzled and on a leash no longer than 6 feet in length.
- Dellwood has a peace disturbance ordinance. If someone is inconsiderate of your privacy with loud or unusual noise, contact the police dispatcher.
- All trash cans must have tight fitting lids and all trash must be stored in the trash containers properly. Household trash cannot be placed at the curb in plastic bags or containers without lids. Trash cans may be placed at the curb after 6 p.m. the evening prior to trash day.
- High grass and weeds are not allowed, ordinance states maximum height is 8 inches.
- All residences are required to have their address numbers affixed to the house with minimum 3 inch numbers that can be seen from the street for emergency vehicles.
- Curfew for persons ages 17 and under is 11 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday nights, and midnight on Friday and Saturday nights.
- For profit solicitors, (ex. door-to-door salespeople) are not allowed in Dellwood. If one comes to your door, please call the police dispatcher at 314-428-6868.
- Businesses are prohibited in residentially zoned areas. You cannot run a business out of your home.
- Cut grass and raked leaves cannot be blown nor raked into the street.
- Christmas lights are allowed during the months of November, December, and January. All lights must be removed from the outside of residential homes by January 31st or a citation will be issued.